Conventional dental crowns are fabricated in a dental laboratory and would ideally require a couple of weeks' time to be made. Also, the procedure is quite tedious and inconvenient for patients, which is why we would like to suggest a more advanced and technologically superior method of fabricating crowns - CEREC.
What is CEREC?
CEREC is a chairside dental restoration fabrication method that uses CAD/CAM technology. This method gets rid of the drawbacks of the conventional process and also provides restorations that are aesthetically and functionally better than the traditional ones. CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration using Esthetic Ceramic.
What are the advantages of choosing CEREC?
- Dental restorations such as veneers, crowns, bridges, etc., can be fabricated in a single visit to the dentist's practice. This makes the procedure extremely quick, convenient, and hassle-free.
- With CEREC crowns, you need not use a temporary crown in place of it until the permanent one is fabricated.
- The process of scanning the teeth and creating a digital impression of the teeth is quite easy and can be finished in a few minutes. It renders accurate results, making the crown fit perfectly on the teeth.
- Patients would not have to bite into a gooey substance while making a mold of the teeth, as this process is carried out digitally.
- The crown made from this procedure would be quite pleasing in terms of aesthetics. Anyone who looks at the prosthetic crown wouldn't be able to distinguish it from the adjoining natural teeth. Also, they would offer impressive durability and longevity.
What is the procedure?
The dentist will diagnose your mouth and understand the severity of the condition. This helps us determine your candidacy for CEREC crowns. Using a hand-held digital scanning device, we will scan your teeth and use the data to fabricate the crown using CEREC. The data from the scans will be entered into a CAD/CAM machine, which will mill out the crown to precision in a few minutes.
Once the crown is finished, we will retrieve it and make minor changes to its contour if required. The crown will be bonded to the prepared tooth surface using dental adhesives and hardened using a curing light. A bite test will be taken, and the crown will be polished to enhance its appearance. All of this can be done in a single visit to our dental practice, and you can have an entirely transformed smile in a very quick time span.
With CEREC crowns/ same-day crowns you can transform your smile and restore the missing tooth in just a day. To know more, please get in touch with us through online consultation or by calling us at (317) 547-1111 to book an appointment with Dr. Sinnis at our office in Indianapolis, IN, and we'll guide you further.